Have you ever wondered why so many people around the globe prefer organic soy milk over cow milk? It’s no question that milk is loaded with lots of nutrients and provides a high level of nutrition. But would you believe if I told you that many people are using milk as part of their daily regimen to protect themselves against the risk of various diseases?
Soy milk is an organic natural drink that is made by soaking dried soya beans and then grinding them in water. Soy milk makes a very healthy and nutritious addition to anyone’s diet plan because it is naturally high in proteins, vitamins, minerals, fiber and essential fatty acids. It is very easy to make this nutritious organic drink at home.
Homemade Soy Milk is best for Your Health
- 150 grams whole soya beans
- 3 cups of water
- 125 grams sugar
- After cleaning the soya beans, soak them in water for 12 hours.
- Microwave the wet soaked beans for 2 minutes.
- Grind the soaked soya beans with 3 cups water in a blender.
- Boil the mixture which is now soy milk for about 10 minutes.
- Cool the organic milk in a refrigerator and serve chilled.
Amazing Health Benefits of Natural Soy Milk
A comprehensive list of health and wellness benefits that a regular consumption of soy milk induces is as follows:
1. Weight Loss: Promotes weight loss because soy milk is low in sugar content than cow milk. Moreover, the mono-saturated fatty acid in organic soy milk has been shown to inhibit intestinal absorption of high-density fat, which also promotes weight loss.
2. Heart Health: A regular intake of soy milk reduces bad cholesterol levels, which reduces risk for cardiovascular disease especially coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis.
3. Cancer Prevention: A study in 2010 has revealed that women who consume 25 grams of soy protein per day have lower chances of breast cancer development than women who do not consume soy. Organic soy milk is loaded with nutrients that promote healthy cellular growth and help destroy carcinogens. Furthermore, soy milk makes a rich dietary source of phytoestrogen, a hormone that inhibits the production of testosterone in men which can significantly reduce the risk for prostate cancer.
4. Menopause Delay: Soy milk is rich in genisten and daidzein, isoflavens that have estrogen-like qualities, helping ease pre-menopausal symptoms and delaying the onset of menopause.
5. Bone Health: Soy milk promotes bone health because the protein content is found abundantly in soy. Protein in soy is lower in amino acids and sulfates which help reabsorb calcium back into the blood stream by the kidneys.
6. Sexual Health: Soy milk contains ingredients that improve blood circulation and lower triglyceride levels, thus reducing the symptoms of erectile dysfunction to some extent.
Drink soy milk at least 4 times a week and provide your body with the organic effects of this amazing drink.