Have you ever been told by your girlfriend that your oral hygiene is not good and your teeth look pathetic? If this happened, then it would definitely be a very embarrassing situation for you.
Not brushing your teeth on a regular basis or eating fad diets and sweets can lead to tartar buildup, bad breath, and even gum diseases which may deprive you of beautiful smile that you once had.
What is tartar?
Tartar, also known as calculus, is a calcified material that is accumulated around the teeth due to poor oral hygiene. It contains bacterial debris and plaque that may cause tooth decay or sometimes can lead to periodontal or gum disease.
Although there are many cosmetic procedures that can help you to restore your smile, I would recommend home remedies for plaque removal because of their effectiveness and pocket friendliness.
Top 5 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Tartar on Teeth:
1. Brushing Teeth with Baking Soda Mixture: Baking soda makes an excellent natural remedy for tartar removal and whitening of teeth. Take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with a pinch of salt. Next step is to slightly wet your toothbrush and dip into the mixture. Brush your teeth while dipping the toothbrush in the mixture time and again and then rinse off. Repeat this process for 7 days to cut down on tartar buildup.
2. Teeth Cleansing with Sesame Seeds: Looks strange but believe me that this home remedy would deliver amazing dental benefits. The sesame seed acts as an active dental scrub, gently removing tartar and plaque naturally. Take a handful of sesame seeds and chew them up. Next step is to take a toothbrush and brush your teeth while the sesame seeds are still in mouth. Rinse off with fresh tap water and see your teeth in a mirror. After 7 days of consistently following this home remedy, you will definitely notice a difference.
3. Tartar Removal with Orange Peels: Rub the inside of the fresh orange peels directly on your teeth for 7 days to get rid of accumulated tartar and plaque. Orange peels exhibit amazing cleansing properties that help remove old stains and eradicate plaque that already exists.
4. Use a Teeth Cleaning Twig: Cleaning your teeth with a teeth cleaning twig made from the Salvadora persica tree helps control the formation and activity of dental tartar and plaque because of the antibacterial properties it exhibits.
5. Use Clove Spices for Cleaning Teeth: Mix the ground clove spice with a few drops of water to form a paste. Apply this paste directly to the tartar-affected teeth and brush your teeth with a dry toothbrush. Rinse thoroughly with fresh tap water. Repeat for 7 consecutive days to maximize results.
And most important of them all, drink plenty of water daily to wash away plaque, tartar and debris before they accumulate on the surface of tooth enamel.