Many people think that beautiful hair are the true representative of an individual’s personality, however I respectfully disagree with them because I think that beautiful lips add to the most part of a person’s attractiveness. Whenever you talk or smile, everybody will be noticing your lips. Beautiful and pink lips make your smile pretty and charming. They give other people an insight into your inner health and well-being. However, if your lips become dark and pigmented due to some reason, you lose the beauty of your smile, which deprives you of your confidence.
8 Factors that Cause Darkness of Lips
- Ultraviolet rays
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Cold weather
- Hormonal imbalances
- Excessive intake of caffeine
- Medical conditions
There is a wide range of cosmetics available such as lip glosses and lipsticks which you can use to make your lips beautiful and brighter. However, the results of most of these products are temporary, making the problem even worse by leaving the long-lasting side effects. The best way to get your beautiful smile back that you once had is to try following home remedies to remove darkness from lips.
5 Home Remedies to Remove Darkness from Lips
- Cow Milk and Yogurt Mixture: Take two tablespoons of cow milk and add to one teaspoon of yogurt. Mix them well until a thick paste is formed. Apply this mixture to your lips when you go to bed every night. The darkness of your lips would be gone and brightness of your lips will be restored with the regular use of this effective home remedy.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon is rich in vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant. Take 4-5 medium-size lemons and squeeze them to get the juice. Stretch your lips and apply a few drops of juice on your dark lips. Massage gently for 2-3 minutes and leave the juice to stay on your lips for the whole night. A regular use of this amazing home remedy will make your lips pink, soft and beautiful. Give the lemon juice a try!
- Olive Oil and Coconut Oil Mixture: Coconut oil is loaded with essential fatty acids that keep your lips hydrated and pigment-free. Mix olive oil and coconut oil in equal proportion and apply the mixture on your lips before going to bed to get pink and soft lips within 7 days.
- Almond oil and Honey Mixture: Take one tablespoon of honey and mix it with two tablespoons of almond oil. Rub the mixture on your dark lips and then rinse it off after one hour of application. You should repeat this remedy twice a day to lighten the color of your lips.
- Tea tree oil and Turmeric powder Mixture: Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with some turmeric powder and apply this thick paste on your lips. Repeat this process for a month to restore the natural color of your lips.
If you want to remove darkness from lips and get naturally pink and luscious good-looking lips, then you should opt for home remedies to make your smile even more captivating and pretty.