Getting rid of facial hair permanently might be very challenging for people who have unwanted hair on their cheeks or forehead. Every individual wants his or her face look attractive and smooth and without any facial hair. However, there are many conditions that can make facial hair grow thicker. Excess facial hair growth is embarrassing and it deprives people of their confidence and can sometimes even cause distress.
Why Unwanted Facial Hair Grow? Here are top 5 reasons
There are a number of reasons that can make unwanted facial hair growth noticeable in areas like cheeks and forehead in men, and in neck, chin or on the upper lips in women.
• Genetics of an individual plays an important role in determining the intensity/density of facial hair that an individual would have. If one of your parents has unwanted facial hair growth, then it is likely that you would also be having unwanted facial hair.
• Hormonal imbalances due to medical conditions like adrenal cancer, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, cushing’s syndrome, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (in women) are a leading cause of facial hair growth.
• Certain medications such as steroids, testosterone stimulants, cyclosporine, and use of Minoxidil in higher concentrations can lead to excessive facial hair growth. Drugs that treat conditions such as schizophrenia, headaches, blood pressure, and migraines can also contribute towards the growth of unwanted facial hair.
• Regularly taking birth control pills.
• Higher levels of androgens.
Home Remedies for Face Hair Removal
1. Lemon and Sugar Peel Mask: One of the very popular ingredients used by Chinese herbalists for treating hair-related problems is lemon. The lemon juice has higher concentrations of vitamin C that is a proven exfoliating agent which helps get rid of unwanted facial hair fast.
- 3 spoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 spoon sugar
- 1 spoon water
- Mix lemon juice with sugar. Add some water to dissolve the sugar.
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off the mixture with lukewarm water.
- Do this regularly for at least 5 times a week to get rid of facial hair.
2. Black Cohosh herb and Milk Mask: Black Cohosh is an herb that has been shown to slow down the growth of unwanted hair due to its ingredients that have suppressing effects on the growth of facial hair follicles. Researchers have shown that it has anti-androgenic effects meaning that it helps neutralize the effects of excessive levels of androgens in both males and females.
- 30-40 grams of dried black cohosh root
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Pour the water in a pan and add the dried cohosh root in it.
- Heat the water until it boils.
- When the water reduces to ½ of its original quantity, turn the fire off and let the water in the pan to cool down.
- Next step is to add milk and honey and stir the mixture well.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Also drink a cup of mixture two times a day to see the noticeable results.
3. Turmeric and orange Peel Mask: Removing unwanted facial hair with turmeric mixtures is an ancient technique used by many Chinese and Indian herbalists. Turmeric ingredients have anti-androgenic activities, reducing the growth of unwanted hair. Orange juice contains ingredients that help cleanse the skin.
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- Mix turmeric powder, olive oil, oatmeal and orange juice in a bowl until you form a thick paste.
- Apply this mixture to your face and leave it there for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and dry face gently with a towel.
It would be better that you use above methods in a combination to achieve maximum results. After a few months of consistent use, the unwanted growth of facial hair would be stopped and you would be on your way to getting smooth and soft unwanted-hair-free skin.